Currently, we are already more than halfway done with 2017, and we “can’t even” tell you what our New Year’s resolutions were in January. So, we are going to write + pursue new ones in August to motivate ourselves + kick start the busy holiday months to come!
Our August Goals:
- Wake up early. Waking up early, around 6:30AM or 7AM, will energize us throughout the day + we will have more time to get things done!
- Going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Getting up early, usually requires us to go to sleep before midnight the night before. We have no desire to be old ladies getting ready for bed at 8PM, but refusing to stay awake in bed on Instagram until 2AM will definitely help in getting our rest for the following day.
- Read in our free time. We are not big readers, however, once we start a book, it is hard to get us to stop until we finish it. Reading more in our free time will allow us to escape the world for a little bit + relax our minds.
- Travel locally. Neither of us take advantage of the cities we live in. Our goal in August is to explore Scottsdale + Brea/Fullerton, and to become part of the community. This involves attending events + wandering the streets of our beautiful urban areas.
- Eat smaller portions. We do tend to eat somewhat healthy… for the most part. However, it has come to our attention that when we eat, our portion sizes are fairly large. So, our goal is watch for American portion sizes + realistic portion sizes when ordering at restaurants.
We believe that these are reachable goals to accomplish by the end of the year, which will, hopefully, develop into a lifestyle. But, these are just goals. The objectives to conquer these goals will come with trial + error until we find what works for us, as individuals. But we are excited to get started!
Who else is ready to achieve their Half-Year’s Resolutions with us?