Let’s face it, sleeping in is a must from time to time. However, it creates a better feeling of accomplishment after getting morning tasks done early. It’s a great kickstart to anyone’s day!
[We are warning you, a lot of these tasks were part of our August goals as well, however lets see how we implement them into our morning routines!]
Whenever Becca + I have to be at work/class by 9am, sleeping until the latest moment possible was always our thing. Lately, we’ve been getting up earlier + doing these 7 things before heading off to work + #LetMeTellYou, we’ve changed as morning people. These simple tasks are so effective + give us more energy to continue the our entire day.
Top 7 Things To Do Before 9am
- Don’t Touch Your Phone! We have a horrible habit for checking our phones the second we wake up. Checking text messages, emails, social media. We know we’ve all mastered the one eye squint to look at our bright screens in the dark. Lately, we’ve tried to refrain from using our mobile devices or any technology right when we wake up. It gives our bodies a chance to wake up + perform more important things.
- Stay Hydrated. Drinking a glass of water right when we get out of bed keeps up our metabolism + energy throughout the day. Not only does the cold water wake us up, it gives our bodies a quick cleanse before we give it more fuel .
- Eat a yummy + nutritious breakfast. Even though this is a no-brainer, we still struggle with this one. When we are rushing out the house, we aren’t thinking about making a healthy meal, we need to grab something quick + get the heck out of there! However, the saying does go, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” + they have a point. Our favorite quick breakfast option is simply a bowl of fruit.
- Get the Body Moving. A workout to start your day is beneficial for the body + mind. Going to the gym, jogging around the block, or doing yoga in the family room are a few of our workout options. We just want to get moving in the morning. One thing that motivates us is having your workout clothes already out the night before so when you wake up it haunts you to put them on. We try to perform activities that challenge us to get a good sweat in + get our heart rates going such as a yoga or spin class!
- Relax in a Quiet Place. Sitting outside on the porch + reading a chapter of our favorite books is the time to relax the mind + body. Taking a few minutes out of our busy mornings to just do nothing + relax. We as individuals stress out about many things so these calming moments restart our focus + begin a clear mind for the day.
- Perform Small Simple Chores. Make the bed. The easiest task to do in the morning + we still manage to be too lazy to do it. Simply making the bed makes us feel complete + ready to do more simple tasks. It literally takes 1 minute to make the bed, so this task should be a must. Other simple chores may include starting a load of laundry, or placing the dishes in the dishwasher. Again, simple tasks we are still too lazy to do but after doing them, we feel accomplished. Bonus points for having less work to do when we get home.
- Create A To-Do List. Write a simple to-do list + plan out the day. This keeps us organized + helps us complete our tasks. We love to be organized so this task is a fun one for us!
Hope you enjoyed our top morning tasks! Tell us your favorite morning tasks in the comments below!