“College is going to be the best time of your life” – said every adult trying to relive the glory days. And they’re right! There is a lot to enjoy about the whole college experience. We learned a lot our freshman year that ultimately helped us both in the long run. Here are our truths of college that we wish someone told us before we started our first semester.
- Coffee + wine are your best friends.
- To-Do lists and an organized agenda makes everything easier.
- Failing happens, it isn’t the end of the world.
- Always have cereal + milk on hand
- Your intentions + attitude make a world of difference.
- Books may be expensive but they are worth it. (Resale them when you are done).
- Weekends are meant for catching up, sleeping in, + having fun.
- Go on adventures + explore, it’s not gonna hurt.
- Money is going to come + go, plan accordingly but splurge sometimes.
- Just have the salad if chicken nuggets was your diet for 3 days.
- An afternoon nap when you have time is always a good idea.
Hopefully these tips are useful for college students starting a new adventure! Tell us your tips about going back to school!
College life allows us to learn more about ourselves + what kind of person we wish to become. It also allows us to find great friends + create memories + traditions with them. Sometimes we enjoy creating memories with our friends by skipping the raging parties + crazy bars & staying in + playing board games (nerd alert). It makes for a fun night in + is less expensive. Below are some untraditional drinking games that will switch up “Game Night”.
So grab your friends, a cheap bottle of wine + let’s get competitive.
Scattegories | This game starts with 12 random categories, and one random letter from the alphabet. The objective is to fill in all 12 categories with a word that starts with the picked letter + fits that specific category in under 2 minutes.
Once the time is up, each participant reads off what they wrote for each category. Players get one point for each category that is filled (and actually makes sense). If there are multiple players with the same answers for each category, neither player gets a point + has to drink. So it is important to be random + creative in order to get the most points, or you’ll get tipsy! The player with the most points at the end of the game wins + everyone else must finish their glass.
Charades | There is an app that can be used for this game, or you can go old school + pull slips of paper out of a hat. Either way, this game gets everyone involved! There is one guesser, and the rest of the participants are the hint givers. There are categories to choose from + random words are selected from each category. Only the hint givers are allowed to see the clue words.
The guesser must guess which word or phrase the hint givers are trying to describe. Hint givers cannot say the clue word. If anyone says the clue word, they must drink + move to another word. The guesser has 45 seconds to guess as many clue words as possible! Be aware of your surroundings during this game, it gets intense!