There’s nothing more aluring about a girl than her confident smile. Constantly being a happy woman can be difficult these days because we live in a world full of competition. Thanks to social media, we constantly compare ourselves to others by simply clicking on an app. We believe social media can be a place for raw, confident, supportive, + loving people. However, it can also be full of negativity + inaccurate representations resulting in feeling self-conscious + not good enough.
Becca + I have felt that way before. We felt like we needed to change our clothes, make up, hair, lifestyle, things we had, or big steps we felt like we had to take just to feel a tiny bit of satisfaction of inclusion. But in the end, we still felt like outsiders. We realized it’s not about the way we look, what we buy, the places we travel to, or what job we have. None of that matters. We always compared our lives to the ones we saw through a screen + judged our own.
We believe we have recently grown away from that + started to see + feel our self-worth. We are here to tell you that you are beautiful, just the way you are. As cliché as that sounds, it’s true. The way we live our lives are never going to be the exact same as someone else’s, so why judge it? It doesn’t mean that one is behind or ahead in life, it means we are on different paths + that’s OK! We embrace the flawed, weird, quirky, imperfect, beautiful, magical people that we are. We encourage you, our readers, to do the same.
Here’s a list of ideas to how to get our beautiful readers smiling, because pretty girls smile.
- Stay focused on yourself. Do not compare your life to anyone. Live your own life + be confident of your path. Everyone’s path is different.
- Live a stress-free lifestyle. Relax, go on adventures, + try new things.
- Learn to love yourself. Embrace the person you are + the person you want to be.
- Have a positive outlook. Mistakes are going to happen, learn from them + move on. There is good in every situation.
- Do what you love. This life is too short to waste your time doing anything else. Take the risk + have some fun!
Just so you know, you are enough! Treat yourself like you are + share your smile to the world, pretty girl.
I used to not carry purses, but lately (now that we are transitioning into real grown-ups), I need to carry a lot of crap around. So feel free to learn a little more about me through the things I carry on the daily.
First off, my bag is from JustFab.com. I fell into their sales trap around Christmas time last year, and bought way too many shoes and accessories. But I love this bag because it has a faux leather exterior and a suede-like fabric inside, the color is my version of “bright”, so it makes me feel a little bold (even though it’s such a mundane shade), and of course, who doesn’t love oversized tote bags? Now to the good stuff…
What’s in Becca’s bag?
- Willard’s Keys. I can’t go far without my truck’s keys. Yes, my truck’s name is Willard, WIlly for short. And yes, he is named after the famous whale.
- My Work Keys. I have to carry my work keys because I am always the first one in the office every day (I get out earlier though).
- Michael Kors Wallet. Derek got me this wallet a few years ago, and I have managed to keep it clean and to not lose it. He got it from Nordstroms.
- iPhone. I’m sure everyone knows that this item is a piece of the holy grail. I don’t go anywhere without this. Mostly because it has all my random notes + embarrassing screenshots on it. (Not pictured)
- Black + Gold Journal. I recently just got this journal from Joann’s, and I am excited to use and carry this around with me to be able to write down my thoughts or doodle when I am bored.
- Pens + Pencils. Everyone is always looking for a pen, so I carry a few.
- Sunnies. I have gone through so many sunglasses in my days. So you’ll probably see new pairs every now and then, because I either break or lose them. These rose gold aviators are from Urban Outfitters.
I realize that I really do not have very exciting or interesting pieces, but it is amazing to see the things that I carry around all day , every day to help my day go smoother + organized.
What do your purse items say about your daily tasks?
We are all about the leggings with t-shirt look but sometimes we attend functions that require us to be a little dressier (or just when we feel like it) which is why we love this basic yet fun + affordable blouse. This blouse is as versatile as they come, which is what we love!
Living in California for the summer, I come across crisp chill mornings that turn into blazing hot afternoons, then the day returns to a quiet cool evening. So, naturally, I change my outfit three times just to keep up with the weather. However, this blouse is so light and airy that I can comfortably wear it throughout the day + dress it up for a night out.
This blouse was purchased from H&M for $24.99.
For a business casual look, we paired the blouse with a black pencil skirt + comfortable flats or black booties for some flair. Add some tasteful jewelry, such as small pendant necklace or delicate pearls. This top completely tucked into the skirt accentuates the waist + creates an hourglass figure.
For a casual yet classic look, we paired the blouse with a dark wash jean + strappy sandals or wedge heels. Add some long chunky necklaces to balance the texture + make a statement. To design a more polished look, tucking in only the front of the blouse will give the blouse more shape + look more fluttering.
For the ultimate casual look, we paired the blouse with denim shorts + some black booties. For an even more casual look, pair it with simple sandals. Add any fun statement jewelry, but maybe stay away from the pearls for this get up. To add more of a summer appearance, roll up the sleeves + unbutton the last pair of buttons + tie the two pieces of fabric into a loose knot.
We hope these quick easy styling tips help to create new ideas on how to wear our favorite black + cream stripe blouse. Let us know in the comments of your favorite staple piece of the summer!