Our September Goals:
1. Cook at home at least 3 times a week. Cooking at home will save us money + will allow us to control everything we put into our bodies. This way we can monitor our portion sizes + quality of food.
2. Walk 30 minutes every day. Because work + school are starting to pick up, we are limited on our free time. Taking just 30 minutes a day to walk + be outside with nature can satisfy our physical + mental needs.
3. Clean out our closets + donate/sell! We love to shop, that’s no secret. But our closets are starting to fill up with old + worn styles. Cleaning out our closets for the new fall season will allow us to have only the pieces we will actually wear + create a positive + clean environment in our wardrobes.
4. Travel locally. We are going to keep this on the list since we didn’t meet it last month. Perhaps scheduling a time/day to explore will allow us to reach our goal this time!
Happy September! 🌺
There’s nothing more aluring about a girl than her confident smile. Constantly being a happy woman can be difficult these days because we live in a world full of competition. Thanks to social media, we constantly compare ourselves to others by simply clicking on an app. We believe social media can be a place for raw, confident, supportive, + loving people. However, it can also be full of negativity + inaccurate representations resulting in feeling self-conscious + not good enough.
Becca + I have felt that way before. We felt like we needed to change our clothes, make up, hair, lifestyle, things we had, or big steps we felt like we had to take just to feel a tiny bit of satisfaction of inclusion. But in the end, we still felt like outsiders. We realized it’s not about the way we look, what we buy, the places we travel to, or what job we have. None of that matters. We always compared our lives to the ones we saw through a screen + judged our own.
We believe we have recently grown away from that + started to see + feel our self-worth. We are here to tell you that you are beautiful, just the way you are. As cliché as that sounds, it’s true. The way we live our lives are never going to be the exact same as someone else’s, so why judge it? It doesn’t mean that one is behind or ahead in life, it means we are on different paths + that’s OK! We embrace the flawed, weird, quirky, imperfect, beautiful, magical people that we are. We encourage you, our readers, to do the same.
Here’s a list of ideas to how to get our beautiful readers smiling, because pretty girls smile.
- Stay focused on yourself. Do not compare your life to anyone. Live your own life + be confident of your path. Everyone’s path is different.
- Live a stress-free lifestyle. Relax, go on adventures, + try new things.
- Learn to love yourself. Embrace the person you are + the person you want to be.
- Have a positive outlook. Mistakes are going to happen, learn from them + move on. There is good in every situation.
- Do what you love. This life is too short to waste your time doing anything else. Take the risk + have some fun!
Just so you know, you are enough! Treat yourself like you are + share your smile to the world, pretty girl.
College life allows us to learn more about ourselves + what kind of person we wish to become. It also allows us to find great friends + create memories + traditions with them. Sometimes we enjoy creating memories with our friends by skipping the raging parties + crazy bars & staying in + playing board games (nerd alert). It makes for a fun night in + is less expensive. Below are some untraditional drinking games that will switch up “Game Night”.
So grab your friends, a cheap bottle of wine + let’s get competitive.
Scattegories | This game starts with 12 random categories, and one random letter from the alphabet. The objective is to fill in all 12 categories with a word that starts with the picked letter + fits that specific category in under 2 minutes.
Once the time is up, each participant reads off what they wrote for each category. Players get one point for each category that is filled (and actually makes sense). If there are multiple players with the same answers for each category, neither player gets a point + has to drink. So it is important to be random + creative in order to get the most points, or you’ll get tipsy! The player with the most points at the end of the game wins + everyone else must finish their glass.
Charades | There is an app that can be used for this game, or you can go old school + pull slips of paper out of a hat. Either way, this game gets everyone involved! There is one guesser, and the rest of the participants are the hint givers. There are categories to choose from + random words are selected from each category. Only the hint givers are allowed to see the clue words.
The guesser must guess which word or phrase the hint givers are trying to describe. Hint givers cannot say the clue word. If anyone says the clue word, they must drink + move to another word. The guesser has 45 seconds to guess as many clue words as possible! Be aware of your surroundings during this game, it gets intense!
Currently, we are already more than halfway done with 2017, and we “can’t even” tell you what our New Year’s resolutions were in January. So, we are going to write + pursue new ones in August to motivate ourselves + kick start the busy holiday months to come!
Our August Goals:
- Wake up early. Waking up early, around 6:30AM or 7AM, will energize us throughout the day + we will have more time to get things done!
- Going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Getting up early, usually requires us to go to sleep before midnight the night before. We have no desire to be old ladies getting ready for bed at 8PM, but refusing to stay awake in bed on Instagram until 2AM will definitely help in getting our rest for the following day.
- Read in our free time. We are not big readers, however, once we start a book, it is hard to get us to stop until we finish it. Reading more in our free time will allow us to escape the world for a little bit + relax our minds.
- Travel locally. Neither of us take advantage of the cities we live in. Our goal in August is to explore Scottsdale + Brea/Fullerton, and to become part of the community. This involves attending events + wandering the streets of our beautiful urban areas.
- Eat smaller portions. We do tend to eat somewhat healthy… for the most part. However, it has come to our attention that when we eat, our portion sizes are fairly large. So, our goal is watch for American portion sizes + realistic portion sizes when ordering at restaurants.
We believe that these are reachable goals to accomplish by the end of the year, which will, hopefully, develop into a lifestyle. But, these are just goals. The objectives to conquer these goals will come with trial + error until we find what works for us, as individuals. But we are excited to get started!
Who else is ready to achieve their Half-Year’s Resolutions with us?
I used to not carry purses, but lately (now that we are transitioning into real grown-ups), I need to carry a lot of crap around. So feel free to learn a little more about me through the things I carry on the daily.
First off, my bag is from JustFab.com. I fell into their sales trap around Christmas time last year, and bought way too many shoes and accessories. But I love this bag because it has a faux leather exterior and a suede-like fabric inside, the color is my version of “bright”, so it makes me feel a little bold (even though it’s such a mundane shade), and of course, who doesn’t love oversized tote bags? Now to the good stuff…
What’s in Becca’s bag?
- Willard’s Keys. I can’t go far without my truck’s keys. Yes, my truck’s name is Willard, WIlly for short. And yes, he is named after the famous whale.
- My Work Keys. I have to carry my work keys because I am always the first one in the office every day (I get out earlier though).
- Michael Kors Wallet. Derek got me this wallet a few years ago, and I have managed to keep it clean and to not lose it. He got it from Nordstroms.
- iPhone. I’m sure everyone knows that this item is a piece of the holy grail. I don’t go anywhere without this. Mostly because it has all my random notes + embarrassing screenshots on it. (Not pictured)
- Black + Gold Journal. I recently just got this journal from Joann’s, and I am excited to use and carry this around with me to be able to write down my thoughts or doodle when I am bored.
- Pens + Pencils. Everyone is always looking for a pen, so I carry a few.
- Sunnies. I have gone through so many sunglasses in my days. So you’ll probably see new pairs every now and then, because I either break or lose them. These rose gold aviators are from Urban Outfitters.
I realize that I really do not have very exciting or interesting pieces, but it is amazing to see the things that I carry around all day , every day to help my day go smoother + organized.
What do your purse items say about your daily tasks?
We are all about the leggings with t-shirt look but sometimes we attend functions that require us to be a little dressier (or just when we feel like it) which is why we love this basic yet fun + affordable blouse. This blouse is as versatile as they come, which is what we love!
Living in California for the summer, I come across crisp chill mornings that turn into blazing hot afternoons, then the day returns to a quiet cool evening. So, naturally, I change my outfit three times just to keep up with the weather. However, this blouse is so light and airy that I can comfortably wear it throughout the day + dress it up for a night out.
This blouse was purchased from H&M for $24.99.
For a business casual look, we paired the blouse with a black pencil skirt + comfortable flats or black booties for some flair. Add some tasteful jewelry, such as small pendant necklace or delicate pearls. This top completely tucked into the skirt accentuates the waist + creates an hourglass figure.
For a casual yet classic look, we paired the blouse with a dark wash jean + strappy sandals or wedge heels. Add some long chunky necklaces to balance the texture + make a statement. To design a more polished look, tucking in only the front of the blouse will give the blouse more shape + look more fluttering.
For the ultimate casual look, we paired the blouse with denim shorts + some black booties. For an even more casual look, pair it with simple sandals. Add any fun statement jewelry, but maybe stay away from the pearls for this get up. To add more of a summer appearance, roll up the sleeves + unbutton the last pair of buttons + tie the two pieces of fabric into a loose knot.
We hope these quick easy styling tips help to create new ideas on how to wear our favorite black + cream stripe blouse. Let us know in the comments of your favorite staple piece of the summer!
Over the years, we both have developed some annoying habits that sometimes help us get through the day, make us who we are, or are just unexplainable. Here is a list of our annoying habits, as we know of…
- We make lists for everything.
- We type too many exclamation points when we text!!!
- We call each other “sissy”.
- We sleep on only one side of the bed, even if there’s no one on the other side.
- We usually don’t finish drinking our water bottles, and leave them lying around half empty.
- We listen to our favorite song on repeat for 4 days until we are finally sick of it.
- We sometimes think and say the same thing at the exact same time.
- We say sorry a lot.
- Becca can only eat one section of her meal at a time.
- Liz eats with her left hand, even though she’s right handed.
- We have the wimpiest, least professional-like handshakes.
- We stress out if we are late. Even just 2 minutes late.
- We like to keep our hotel rooms clean, even when housekeeping comes.
- We are lightweights when it comes to drinking.
- We have to mix our hot chocolate with hot milk, water just isn’t right.
- We tend to confuse others when we try to explain things.
- We keep flowers long after they’ve died.
- We always feel like eating popcorn after we swim.
- We never stop talking + laughing when we are together.
- We eat large meals, then 20 minutes later have another meal.
- We are obsessed with desserts + sweets.