I used to not carry purses, but lately (now that we are transitioning into real grown-ups), I need to carry a lot of crap around. So feel free to learn a little more about me through the things I carry on the daily.
First off, my bag is from JustFab.com. I fell into their sales trap around Christmas time last year, and bought way too many shoes and accessories. But I love this bag because it has a faux leather exterior and a suede-like fabric inside, the color is my version of “bright”, so it makes me feel a little bold (even though it’s such a mundane shade), and of course, who doesn’t love oversized tote bags? Now to the good stuff…
What’s in Becca’s bag?
- Willard’s Keys. I can’t go far without my truck’s keys. Yes, my truck’s name is Willard, WIlly for short. And yes, he is named after the famous whale.
- My Work Keys. I have to carry my work keys because I am always the first one in the office every day (I get out earlier though).
- Michael Kors Wallet. Derek got me this wallet a few years ago, and I have managed to keep it clean and to not lose it. He got it from Nordstroms.
- iPhone. I’m sure everyone knows that this item is a piece of the holy grail. I don’t go anywhere without this. Mostly because it has all my random notes + embarrassing screenshots on it. (Not pictured)
- Black + Gold Journal. I recently just got this journal from Joann’s, and I am excited to use and carry this around with me to be able to write down my thoughts or doodle when I am bored.
- Pens + Pencils. Everyone is always looking for a pen, so I carry a few.
- Sunnies. I have gone through so many sunglasses in my days. So you’ll probably see new pairs every now and then, because I either break or lose them. These rose gold aviators are from Urban Outfitters.
I realize that I really do not have very exciting or interesting pieces, but it is amazing to see the things that I carry around all day , every day to help my day go smoother + organized.
What do your purse items say about your daily tasks?
We are all about the leggings with t-shirt look but sometimes we attend functions that require us to be a little dressier (or just when we feel like it) which is why we love this basic yet fun + affordable blouse. This blouse is as versatile as they come, which is what we love!
Living in California for the summer, I come across crisp chill mornings that turn into blazing hot afternoons, then the day returns to a quiet cool evening. So, naturally, I change my outfit three times just to keep up with the weather. However, this blouse is so light and airy that I can comfortably wear it throughout the day + dress it up for a night out.
This blouse was purchased from H&M for $24.99.
For a business casual look, we paired the blouse with a black pencil skirt + comfortable flats or black booties for some flair. Add some tasteful jewelry, such as small pendant necklace or delicate pearls. This top completely tucked into the skirt accentuates the waist + creates an hourglass figure.
For a casual yet classic look, we paired the blouse with a dark wash jean + strappy sandals or wedge heels. Add some long chunky necklaces to balance the texture + make a statement. To design a more polished look, tucking in only the front of the blouse will give the blouse more shape + look more fluttering.
For the ultimate casual look, we paired the blouse with denim shorts + some black booties. For an even more casual look, pair it with simple sandals. Add any fun statement jewelry, but maybe stay away from the pearls for this get up. To add more of a summer appearance, roll up the sleeves + unbutton the last pair of buttons + tie the two pieces of fabric into a loose knot.
We hope these quick easy styling tips help to create new ideas on how to wear our favorite black + cream stripe blouse. Let us know in the comments of your favorite staple piece of the summer!
Over the years, we both have developed some annoying habits that sometimes help us get through the day, make us who we are, or are just unexplainable. Here is a list of our annoying habits, as we know of…
- We make lists for everything.
- We type too many exclamation points when we text!!!
- We call each other “sissy”.
- We sleep on only one side of the bed, even if there’s no one on the other side.
- We usually don’t finish drinking our water bottles, and leave them lying around half empty.
- We listen to our favorite song on repeat for 4 days until we are finally sick of it.
- We sometimes think and say the same thing at the exact same time.
- We say sorry a lot.
- Becca can only eat one section of her meal at a time.
- Liz eats with her left hand, even though she’s right handed.
- We have the wimpiest, least professional-like handshakes.
- We stress out if we are late. Even just 2 minutes late.
- We like to keep our hotel rooms clean, even when housekeeping comes.
- We are lightweights when it comes to drinking.
- We have to mix our hot chocolate with hot milk, water just isn’t right.
- We tend to confuse others when we try to explain things.
- We keep flowers long after they’ve died.
- We always feel like eating popcorn after we swim.
- We never stop talking + laughing when we are together.
- We eat large meals, then 20 minutes later have another meal.
- We are obsessed with desserts + sweets.
It’s no question that we are inseparable best friends. But a lot of people just assume it’s because we shared a womb, we shared a room for 12 years, we played on the same teams for about 12 years, we went to the same school, we had pretty much the same friends… ok, people should be wondering why we aren’t physically joined at the hip. But there’s a lot more reasons why Liz + I never get tired of each other, + spend as much time as possible with each other.
Here we will describe, in our own way, what we mean to each other. This may explain the creepy + utterly annoying bond we share to people who have to spend ten minutes with us.
Since splitting up in our sophomore year of college in 2014, it was new to us for people not to automatically know that we had a twin. So when they found out, they’d ask what it like being a twin. We would say:
- We look exactly the same, except she’s gorgeous + has long blonde beautiful hair, + she’s a couple inches taller than me. She has a better style, personality, + is absolutely more beautiful.
- We have the same laugh, and laugh at almost anything. We have these moments where we know what each other is thinking. For example, an inside joke would start to surface the conversation, and without any indication, we would start laughing. Our parents still do not understand why we do it. Our laughs are known to be contagious. Because we laugh the same, it makes people laugh as well. So when we think everybody laughs at our jokes, it’s actually them laughing at us.
- We are kind of funny because we quote EVERYTHING. We remember quotes from movies, shows + past experiences, and we apply them to our daily lives. We live out of the movies we know + love. Any funny scene that we once laughed at, we will continue to find ways to bring it into our conversations. Most people don’t get it, but we think we are hilarious.
- We protect each other. Liz is known as the one to speak up. If something’s not right or fair, she’d be the one to stand up for it. Even as toddlers, she was the one holding my hand through everything. It wasn’t until I was 19, that I had to start sticking up for myself. I tease Becca sometimes by saying “I am the oldest, you were just born first”. I think it was just an instinct I grew into at a young age to protect her. It wasn’t that she couldn’t take care of herself, it was more that I didn’t want her to. I wanted to take all the burden off of her and put it on myself. Anyone of our friends could tell you, I would step up for my sister in any given moment.
- We have high expectations. We don’t think we are perfect, actually far from it. But since we are so loyal, understanding, honest + caring for one another, it’s hard not to expect the same treatment from everyone else. We struggled with this flaw for years, and still do. However, we have developed more of an open mind, now that we are older, but we still expect to be treated the way we treat others. Growing up with siblings gave us the advantage of treating each other with respect because that is how our parents raised us. So we became loyal + caring people, but expecting others to be the same. Although we are not perfect and neither is anyone else, we developed a certain understanding for life.
- We never ever stop talking, ever. We can explore 13 topics in one sitting. Even if it’s something we’ve already exhausted, there’s always something new to add to the conversation between us. We can say + do anything in front of each other. There is no awkward moment when we are together. And actually, every time something awkward or embarrassing happens to one of us, we are the first to call each other to explain + to feel better about it. We seriously don’t stop talking. But that’s the best part about having your twin as your best friend. We are so honest with each other and created an understanding that is difficult to explain. We can range from a silly + goofy conversation, to a serious + vulnerable one in a matter of seconds.
- We are so happy for each other. Surprisingly, we were never envious of each other’s success. We were proud of what we accomplished. If it is a job promotion, or a stupid A on a paper, we always support each other. The day Liz graduated, I thought it was going to be hard for me since I didn’t. But holy crap, all I could think that whole weekend was how proud I was of her! I am always proud of Liz. I couldn’t be happier for Becca and everything she has accomplished. I’m her biggest cheerleader in everything she sets her mind to + extremely jealous of her amazing job! I am so grateful to have a sister and best friend like her. I’m proud of the hardworking, caring + beautiful woman she has become.
- We still talk every single day. I knew going to school in a different state was going to be hard, but that was an understatement. Leaving her was by-far the hardest thing I ever had to do. It’s indescribable the emptiness I felt without her. Deep down I knew it was what we needed to do, but damn. We talk everyday for hours at a time and never get sick of it. 300+ miles never got in our way. Soon we can post specifically about how we make it, but for now, I’m just gonna say it’s not easy. I was furious when she decided to stay in California for college, but I understood why. We became our own person once she left. We weren’t just the Rudd Twins anymore, we turned into Becca + Liz.
Well, 850 words can’t explain our true bond, but hopefully it gives you an idea of why we act the way we act.
Who is your best friend, and how would you explain your bond? Comment below or email us!